Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Most People?

I think most people already know that dog fighting is a bad idea. It is cruel and a waste of time.

I tend to join with those blogging about the problems that we don't see, like the inbreeding caused by competitive events, like dogs shows, where far too many people all want to have their female dog mated to the top winning stud dogs, or who all want to buy a puppy from the same winning kennel.

I blog about how I believe the "ideal" dog that some purebred dog breeders are trying to produce is not at all what I would call "ideal" ,and that it is wrong to produce unhealthy puppies that suffer from inherited diseases, and then sell those puppies to the public as "show dogs".

The weird part is that most of the problems that I blog about are not really hidden - they are "hidden in plain sight".

Today the dog circle has posts on dog fighting - there is a link to the circle up there next to the link to my sister site.