Monday, December 7, 2009

Never a perfect match.

I was getting a bit tired of writing, and wanted to find more good blogs to read.

My two favorite dog blogs are terriermandotcom.blogspot and retrieverman.wordpress.

I wanted to find more blogs like those. I tried googling words that I thought people might use who wrote like I like. Needle in a haystack hunt.

So I decided to look up the names of these two blogs and try to find blogs that mentioned them (I mention them and I was NOT listed upon googling them).

I found one that mentioned terrierman. I went to her blog. She not only wrote about things I believe in, she used the same expressions that I do. I kind of thought that I might have found another doppelganger.

But although she mentions terrierman, it is to blast his blog and him.

I thought: Is it possible to like to bloggers, but they don't like each other at all? She says terrierman kicked her off of his blog.

Personally, I only want readers who agree with my point of view, the rest of the batch can read, but I don't try to please everyone. To rant about someone or their ideas on their blog, might be a form of trolling.

It's not just what you say, it is where you say it. For example: If I post Baptist ideas on a Baptist site, that is good. But if I go over to Catholic or Jewish sites, and try to post Baptist ideas there, that's trolling. Same thing in reverse, Catholics and Jewish people ought not go to Baptist sites and try to post their ideas there.

I write this blog. Trying to post comments that disagree, is like trying to post "You should celebrate Christmas!" on a non Christian site, or going to a Baptist site and criticising baptism. It's just spoiling for a verbal train wreak.

(Both of those ideas can be discussed, but not where they are not welcome.)

I decided that Id' of kicked off people trying to post a rant against me, or my ideas, on my site too.

But I was intrigued by the idea of person who agrees with me on so many points. I kind of mulled this new blog around a bit. We disagreed on pit bulls, but she has never had a pit bull.

She mentions the dogs she has had, and none of them are pitbulls. She raises purebreds. She sells purebred puppies. They are not pit bulls. What does she know of pit bulls? She mentions no experience, quotes no sources - at least not on the posts that I read in her archive.

From what I read, her beef is that the local pound can't find homes for all the pit bulls. That, in my opinion, doesn't mean that those dogs aren't being produce in too high of numbers. So I don't understand what point she was trying to make.

She said terrierman has never bred a litter, and she has bred lots of them. But she failed to state (at least right there on that post, along side her complaint) what he might of said, that he might of said differently, had he been a dog breeder.

I have been a dog breeder. And a cat breeder. And I have bred other animal too. I have hung out at dog shows and I talk to dog show people and dog show breeders.

Yet, I don't find any weakness in terrierman's posts - he doesn't post about what to do to start up a newborn pup that isn't breathing, or how to help a mother dog who isn't into being a mommy.

There are things that you learn from experience. There are other things you learn by looking at what is there in plain site - without rose-colored glasses.

A person's experience means little to other readers, if they are not honest about it. And many of the real problems in dog breeding, can be seen at shows by people who do not breed dogs.

It seems that the problems are mostly from the people who are too close to the problem to see it, or who have motive to pretend that the problem doesn't exist.

You don't have to be a drunk to recognise that your vodka swilling boss is an alcoholic.

There are problems with pit bulls. For whatever reason, their bite stats are very very high. And their percentages of euthanasia (nobody wants them) is very very high.