Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kosher Ham?

I like the line in the comments about "God will understand".
http://www.boingboing.net/2009/12/16/how-shellfish-saved.html

It has been said that the best way to learn the sentence structure of your own language is to learn a second language.

Learning about other religions can shine a light on your own religion.

The secret is to approach the new religion with respect and an open mind.

------
Like "I know one way to get from here to New York, but there might be other paths that lead to New York City too. I think my route is the best, but other routes will eventially get you there too - so long as you don't fall by the wayside and quit trying.

And maybe, from where you are at, your route is better for you. Wouldn't make much sense for someone to bypass New York, just so they could get there on the same route that I would take.

-----
For example: I was told that the Christian old testament is the same as the Jewish bible. But then, I was told that it is not the same.

The Christian Old Testament speaks of God as "He" but the Jewish one doesn't.

You find this idea embedded in the terminology of plants. "Perfect" flowers are both male & female, and the newer flowers, that are either male or female, are called "Imperfect".

To be male or female is Imperfect, to be Hermaphrodite is Perfect, because God was said to be both male & female.

I claim no religious scholarship, just passing along what I heard.